Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Horse Collar and Horseshoe Sunflower Wreath

Last Christmas I made a wreath out of an old, worn, leather horse collar .
I added a couple old horseshoes to it, some greenery and a burlap bow.
It really turned out nicely.
Feel free to take a peek at it here.
 
Recently, I found another horse collar at a flea market for a reasonable price,
so I brought it home.
 
I had a couple more old horse shoes and decided to make another wreath.
This one is perfect for Summer and will even work into the Fall.
 
 


I wired the horseshoes together and then into the wreath.
Notice the horseshoes are facing up.
I have made a few projects with horseshoes
and have designed them with the horseshoes facing down.
Boy did I get set straight on how it would affect my luck.
I'm not superstitious, but for those who are,
they are correct!
 
You can see those projects here, here and here.
 

 
 
I wired white sunflowers into the bottom of the horse collar
 

 
 
and added a burlap bow to the top.
 

 
 
Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers
and I love how they look on this equestrian wreath.
 

 
 
We currently have a large patch of sunflowers growing in our garden.
Here's a picture of a few of them that I  picked last week for our front porch.
 
 
 
 
Aren't they such cheerful flowers?
 

 
 
I think so.


 
 
So tell me, what is your favorite flower?
 
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
Linking to:
Knick of Time

5 comments:

  1. It is so pretty. Perfect for Summer. Your sunflowers are so pretty. I love that you put them on your pretty porch. :-)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri! I love having fresh sunflowers during the summer! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. that wreath looks fantastic, i too love sunflowers those happy faces, picking them and putting them in an old milk can looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely happy flowers! Thank you so much for the compliments.

      Delete
  3. My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks! best deals melbourne


    ReplyDelete