Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Plain Wood Serving Tray turned Shabby Farmhouse Decor

I'm definitely liking the end results of transferring images onto wood, plus it's quick and easy.

Here's another Goodwill makeover that I worked on this week using wax paper to transfer a Farm Fresh Milk Cow image onto a plain wood serving tray. I purchased the image from an Etsy shop called Graphic Marketplace. You can check them out HERE.


 Before


After


As you can see, the tray got a new coat of paint, after a thorough cleaning and sanding. I lightly distressed the edges of the tray to give it a shabby look and then transferred the image onto it. Lastly, I sprayed the tray with a clear matte sealer to help protect it.

If you want to see another transformation that I did using one of their graphics go HERE.




If you would like to find out how I easily transferred the image onto the wood tray using wax paper, click HERE. This will take you to another post that links to the steps to do it, along with numerous other methods that you can use.

Here's a closer picture of the image on the tray.



I did lightly color it in with a black colored pencil just to darken it a bit.




I already have another project started using this method, again, that I'll be posting about soon. If you'd like to see a cheese box that I madeover similar to this tray click HERE.




Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my makeover.

'til next time,
Adina


Linking to:







Think%2520Tank%2520Thursday Welcome to Think Tank Thursday #43
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I love that. Where did you get the graphic? I found you on Free Pretty Things and I am a new a follower and following you on Pinterest. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa!Thanks for checking out my tray and following me! I purchased the graphic for $1 from a shop on Etsy called Graphic Marketplace. They have a lot of great graphics. I tried to put a link here for you but it won't work, however, I am going to add one to this post.
      Thank you,
      Adina

      Delete
  2. This looks fabulous... much better than the original!
    Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison,
      Thank you so much for hosting a great party and I can't wait to check out the features tomorrow!!! YAY
      Adina

      Delete
  3. So cute. I love the image and I still need to try the wax paper transfer. Thanks for sharing. Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca,
      Thanks so much for the compliment and I'll be right over!

      Delete
    2. Adina ~ Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic’s Friday’s Five Features and Fun Festivities. Don’t forget to stop back by this Friday!

      Delete
  4. Okay, do you want me to give you my address so you can send it on over!?! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea!!! I love this. It is really a good idea that the tray was refinish. It now look so wonderful. I will check on the link wherein I'll know how that image was being transferred. I will check on it. Thank you so much for sharing this. -www.permalac.com

    ReplyDelete