Monday, June 4, 2012

Rusty Strainer Planter Mini Makeover

An old rusty strainer turned planter makes a bright and cheerful summer centerpiece!


I love gerber daisies and picked this one up at our local grocery store today to use as a temporary centerpiece. It will get planted outdoors in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime I get all of this cheerfulness on my table!


Half of the fun is finding a unique planter to display it in. I chose an old rusty strainer for this one.


Super easy assembly - Step 1 - place a plastic liner in the bottom of the strainer 


Step 2 - place potted plant in the liner and surround with moss to cover the liner and pot


There you have it!

 Don't you just love finding fun things to use as planters? I know I do.
Let me know if you have any clever ideas for planters. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

'til next time,
Adina

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I just found your blog through a link on The North End Loft blog and now I'm very much looking forward to following along on your cabin adventures. What a huge/fun/exciting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a vintage strainer at a garage sae this morning and plan on putting some impatiens in it. thanks!!!

    Angela from NJ

    ReplyDelete